Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Forecast: Where We'll be Going

Now that we got our 2012 recap out of the way, let's take a look at what we planned for the upcoming year.

Right now we're in the process of planning a trip to Japan and possibly Singapore with my parents. It's probably been about 15 years since I went to Japan for the first time and I'm really excited to be able to share it with the hubs since he's never been to the motherland before. And the hubs has been really excited to take me to Singapore since he was came back from a business trip there last August.

Hopefully we'll be doing some home improvement projects in the kitchen soon. High on the priority list is to replace our sink and dishwasher. I'd like to renovate the entire kitchen by the end of the year to create more storage space. I really want to take out the wall that separates the living room and kitchen and replace it with an island to create a more open concept look...ah dreams. I'm sure hubs will be sure to bring me back down to earth on what is actually affordable.

This year I'd also like to maybe have some re-landscaping done in our front yard. Living on a hill isn't particularly conducive to having the nice lush green lawn I dream of. In the summer all the water from our sprinklers just runs right down the hill and into the street with no chance for the lawn to even get a sip. But mostly I'd like to get rid of some of the miscellaneous bushes and plants we have in the front yard. I'm definitely lacking a green thumb and I'm much more of a minimalist when it comes to these things.

And lastly, we're thinking of expanding our little family. I think we're both excited to get a family started, but nervous as well. There's still a lot of places we'd like to visit without having to tote children around. And I'm not sure I'm ready to give up the number 1 spot in hubs heart just yet.

So there it is...some of the plans we have for 2013. I'm not sure if we'll get around to all these plans, but I do know that we're both excited to see what this year has in store for us. What do you have in store for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment